Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pretentious PR

I have always sworn by Honesty is the Best Policy. It's a value that I don't think I'd trade anything for. It's the same value that I teach my children. Some people thinks it is naive and rather lie to get their way through, some people thinks nothing of it and has no regards for it.

In my line of work, I have met many people in my field who thinks that you can intend one thing and PR for another. They seem to think that making an impression has nothing to do with what you really think of that person. Even my ex-Boss thinks so. I think it is really naive to think that one can PRETEND to be nice when she thinks or feels otherwise. The tell tale signs are often shown in your faces and your body language silly. How can you build a relationship when you are pretentious ?

I really do not understand how people really believe they can get away with it. The natural being of a human being is forgetfulness and carelessness. And the human is not always meticulous, always somehow leaving breadcrumbs behind about who they really are. If I can see through it, I am very sure, many other people can see through it too.

I think by living with a hypocrite, who thinks nothing of the value of honesty has really taught me alot about reading in between the lines. What is pretense and how to read the signs. If only I slowed down and read the signs - I really can see what morons these people are making of themselves.

Same thing with FB. When one asks you for your FB and you do not feel comfortable giving it to the person, you can always NOT give it. Or you can NOT use it, it is no wonder many people that I know does not use FB as a common platform for their friendship. So extra careful on what they say on FB, one subject may please some friends but might have opposing opinions from another.

Thanks to my dear deceiving partner, I am like Dr. Jekyl n Hyde. Ultimately, I still think it's still a matter of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment